Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count: 400 today, 8.1k total (out of a likely 40-50k)

Inspirations: Jeremy Enigk, Anberlin

The good:
The blankets the witch had wrapped around me were warm and soft. The cart rocked me like a cradle. The old temptation to suck my finger arose long enough to scare me. What would Fin think if he saw me doing that?

Bad writing skill that needs to go away: I've switched first-person POVs to a different character for this chapter. I need to make sure that I give her a different voice than the other POV. Easier said than done.

***********************************************
The before-mentioned POV switch is interesting. I think it'll help me flesh out the other characters. If it works I might keep doing it through the rest of the novel.

No comments: