Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Levi reccomends...



I'll admit that I'm a huge sucker for Tintin comics. I think they're masterpieces of the form. They appeal to me on just about every level. They're funny, touching, wholesome and exciting. Not to mention beautiful. Linge claire is, bar-none, my favorite style of comic art. And apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so because they've sold over 200 million copies world-wide.

So why isn't anyone else carrying the torch? Why is it that every comic that appears these days seems to be written by bitter nihlists, who seem more preoccupied with death and violence then fun and adventure? If not for Mike Allred and Jeff Smith I might have despaired.

Then I stumbled across Johnny Crossbones. I can't say how much I love this strip. Tintin fans, don't ask - just read it. Word is that it's going to be published by Dark Horse. I'll be shelling out the cash the second it hits the shelves. The world needs hundreds more comics like this but I'm glad that Les McClaine is finally giving it a start.

No comments: