Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count:
600 today, 8k total (out of a likely 40-50k)

Inspirations:
Jeremy Enigk

The good:
Seized by an inspiration, I took a quick look around, unzipped my jeans, and peed on the writing. I'd hoped that maybe it would run the paint but it actually made the writing darker. Now I was going to have to walk by my own pee-stain every day. Gross.

Bad writing skill that needs to go away: I feel like Fin is now a more interesting character but I need to make the witch have a good entrance. Right now she's doing nothing. I'm not exactly throwing my reader into the action with this chapter ether...

***********************************************
Productive day today (by my standards). I get to write the new witch encounter next! I'm looking forward to that one.

2 comments:

Aprilynne Pike said...

"Seized by an inspiration, I took a quick look around, unzipped my jeans, and peed on the writing. I'd hoped that maybe it would run the paint but it actually made the writing darker. Now I was going to have to walk by my own pee-stain every day. Gross."

Wow . . . um, is that from the book, or is that an account of what you did today?:)

Maprilynne

Levi Nunnink said...

It's an excerpt! Aye-yi-yi! I don't go around tagging sidewalks, folks.

:-) *blushing*

"The good" is just an excerpt of something that I like that comes out of my daily writing. Today I had nuthin'. :-(