Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Interesting links

It's been a lot of fun following the happenings on Maprilynne's blog. It's exciting to see a very good writer getting deserved recognition. If you've read the first chapter of her book you'll know that the success is warranted. I know that it inspired me...
******
Just in case you're wondering, I'm writing Happy, The End with an Unreliable narrator.
******
Ever had an Ah-ha moment??
******
It's on my sidebar but it deserves a call-out because The Evil Overlord Manual will make you crack up.
******
I think The Second Coming may be one of the best poems that I've ever read. That and The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock. I read these poems and I feel humbled and inspired. 1) Because I'll never write anything so beautiful. 2) Because who can't read:
The yellow fog that rubs its back upon the window-panes,
The yellow smoke that rubs its muzzle on the window-panes
Licked its tongue into the corners of the evening,
Lingered upon the pools that stand in drains,
Let fall upon its back the soot that falls from chimneys,
Slipped by the terrace, made a sudden leap,
And seeing that it was a soft October night,
Curled once about the house, and fell asleep.

and not be inspired? Everyone except C.S. Lewis. :-)

1 comment:

Aprilynne Pike said...

Hehe, someone blogged about me. Now I feel really special.:)