Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count:
1,000 today, 8k total (out of a likely 40-50k)

Inspirations:
Jeremy Enigk, The rain we had today

The good:
The rain had slowed but the wind was picking up. I began to shiver. I breathed on my fingers to warm them. Branches and brush rustled loudly in the wind. If anyone had an ounce of imagination it might sound like something running through the trees. I immediately straighted up. Something was running through the trees; just in front of me and to my left. At least two separate creatures. I could hear them splashing through the rainwater.

Bad writing skill that needs to go away:
I've been in maybe three fist fights in my life and they were all before I was a teenager. This scene has a lot of hand-to-hand combat. I hope it doesn't come off as fake.

***********************************************
I'm loving the setting change I made. Things are so much clearer in my mind now. I'm liberated from a vagueness. These two chapters had a slow start but now they're flowing great. Fun stuff!

No comments: