Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count:
400 today, 8k total (out of a likely 40-50k)

Inspirations: Jeremy Enigk

The good:
"I first saw it through the tangle of creepers and brush. The house wasn't like those in town; it was made out of dark stones and mortar, with a straw roof. The two windows were foggy red glass instead of clear. In the dim light it looked unsettlingly like some craggy face with huge red eyes and wild hair, glaring through the trees."

Bad writing skill that needs to go away: I still feel like my protag. is boring. I'm trying to give him a better entrance. Do I want to have an adventure through this guy's eyes?

***********************************************
Plowing ahead. Logically I feel better about where this is headed but I'm a bit concerned that I might change this story so much that I'll loose what first inspired me. I've got to be careful.

No comments: