Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count:
850 today, 8k total (out of a likely 40-50k)

Inspirations: The Life Aquatic, a tall lady I saw in the video store.

The good:
“It's so bright and pleasant today! Listen to that sparrow – look, there - he's as round as an opera singer. I didn't think I'd ever eat toast and jam again!”

Bad writing skill that needs to go away: Still rambling in spots. I make the same points more than once. I'm going to need a red pen with a lot of ink.

***********************************************
I've finally come to a place where I feel like I can move to chapter 4. Maybe a few more edits on 3 but it's shaped up pretty well. This is always the hardest part. I just know that for the next few days I'm going to write 90% junk. I'm going to write pretentous junk sentances that I think are brilliant. My characters are going act bizarre. And I'm going to forget to add setting. That's how all my first drafts go. I like round two much better.

No comments: