Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count: 677 today, 5.3k total (out of a likely 40-50k)

Inspirations: James Iha Let it come down, Pandora.

The good:

"“I-I've -– phew -– I've got a stitch,"” I panted. "“Just a moment..."

Bad writing skill that needs to go away: I have the sinking feeling that I'm using too many needless words. This first draft is going to have a lot of red pen.

***********************************************

This scene is working much better than yesterday. Instead of just standing around like yesterday, I made my characters go for a run. It's weird how much more urgency the scene has. I need to remember: when things slow down, put your characters in jeopardy. Tomorrow I need to write my dreaded "Council of Elrond" exposition scene. I'll have to remember this rule.

No comments: