Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count: 401, 4.5k total (out of a likely 40-50k)

Inspirations: Soda Springs, Autumn

The good:
“Oh, Fin,” Francis cried and before I could do anything ran forward and caught me in a tight embrace. “Did you hear, Durge? He wants to kill us!”

Bad writing skill that needs to go away: So far, this chapter seems really dull for such an important scene. I can feel a complete rewrite coming. I think I need to get more into what Fin is thinking and feeling.

***********************************************

This is the first time I've attempted to write this scene. As always, things are rough. Ahh the crappy-first-draft. Only a few paragraphs will survive.

No comments: