Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count:
470 today, 6k total (out of a likely 40-50k)

Inspirations: Loreena McKennit, Pandora.

The good:
Even now her presence inspired a strange feeling in me; like she was someone I'd known before but lost all recollection of except the vague memory of a clean scent and the briefest image of a gentle smile – like a dream feels in the morning.


Bad writing skill that needs to go away:
I've got to watch the exposition. I want details to emerge naturally.

***********************************************

This chapter is coming along well enough. I finally figured out the motivation for "the quest" and how Johnny Cyclops fits into it all. I think it works. We'll see if I can write it now.

No comments: