Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Visual Inspiration

Sometimes pictures make me want to get on the keyboard and start writing.Certain artists are especially good at this. I thought I'd share a few.

Maxfield Parrish
Sort-of a 'duh' here but his older, lesser-know work is a well of inspiration.





Above are a few images from the book "Dream Days". I remember finding this book in the library and pouring over the illustrations. Parrish went on to paint lavish, colorful landscapes later in his career that were hugely successful but I prefer his early illustrations.

Arthur Rackham

Creepy, old-school, pretty illustrations.



P.J. Lynch

The first modern illustrator here. Lynch's illustrations are like pearls. You can see how that he loves his characters in the way he paints them.



Michael Whelan

I'm really only aquinted with his work from The Dark Tower series but it's enough to sell me. His images are just grounded enough in reality to make me look twice.





So those are some for me. Anyone care to share what inspires them visually?

2 comments:

Jodi Meadows said...

These are really nice! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dismiss Idle Downloads With NZB Files You Can Quickly Find Movies, Games, Music, Applications & Download Them at Accelerated Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup Search[/B][/URL]