Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Monday, January 08, 2007

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count: 830 today (much better!), 14.9k total (out of a likely 60-80k)

Inspirations: Rosie Thomas, Anberlin, Sufjan Stevens

The good:
I thought that I could hear voices speaking but then I realized that I was chanting:

Slide down the earth’s spine
Here to cut, heave and slice
Come drain the earth’s veins
Where light smothers and wings flutter
And thoughts creep, and dreams sleep
Come drain the earth’s veins


Bad writing skill that needs to go away: I've recently realized that whatever attraction was supposed to be happening between two characters is about as dry and fake as a sloppy writer could write it. Much fixing is needed.
***********************************************

I finished the "haunted mine" sequence. I was dubious about it because it seemed to come out of nowhere and I wasn't sure why it deserved to exist in the plot; but now that it's done I'm really glad I wrote it. I think it turned out nice. *Does a happy dance*

No comments: