Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count: 500 today 17.8k total (out of a likely 60-80k)

Inspirations: Steven King, Rosie Thomas, Anberlin, Sufjan Stevens

The good:
“Fin, when I was young... I had visions... of dark things. I couldn’t help it, they just came. But when I told my mother and the elders, they had only useless grownup things to say; it was just my imagination; I was just a child; there was nothing to be afraid of. That was even worse then the visions themselves. I knew I was alone with these scary pictures pouring into my head until it felt like my skull was going to crack. Fin, I will never say grownup things. You can tell me that you’ve seen scary monsters and I’ll stop and listen, ‘cause I’ve seen them too.”
***********************************************

I got the music bug and I wasted this weekend recording a song instead of writing. I was happy with how it turned out but my wife didn't like it and someone else commented that it sounded like The Phantom of the Opera or Gollum singing. Not sure how to take that. I had fun though.

By the way, how do you get your characters to go back underground right after they had a nasty time in a haunted mine? Start a fire, of course!

No comments: