Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Monday, December 18, 2006

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count: 480 today, 11.9k total (out of a likely 40-50k)

Inspirations: Rosie Thomas, The Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack

The good:
Lilith sang softly:

And Jesus looked down in the pen
Where the sheep played poker and drank gin
So he broke the gate and let wolves in
The day the music died
And noise played on the radio
And dirges sounded deep and low
While we all danced close and slow
The day the music died


Bad writing skill that needs to go away: I'm haunted by all the usual specters. Nothing new to report.

***********************************************

I've been filling out the backstory of the first few chapters. Post-apocalyptic is a really fun setting to write in. Nothing is off-limits. I can have a knight program a computer while singing "Hard rain's gonna fall", if I want. Not that I would. But I could...

No comments: