Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count: 950 today (not bad, eh?) 25.5k total (out of a likely 60-80k)

Inspirations: Emily Bronte, Kate Rusby, Stephen King.

The good:
She summoned us to move away from the fire to a place where the a tangled umbrella of young oak branches formed a sort of canopy. Overhead a full moon looked down on us. When we had assembled, Lilith drew a knife out from beneath her cloak, the blade glinting dully in the moonlight. I gasped (but didn't squeal or anything too embarrassing, thank gods) as she swiftly cut down first her left palm, then her right, leaving two lacerations. Involuntarily I grabbed onto Penelope’s sleeve for support. I felt a little dizzy.

“Are we going to have to cut our hands too?” Fin asked.

Lilith nodded.

“Excellent...” He muttered and took the knife from her.

***********************************************

So, just in case you were wondering, I didn't die from my acid reflux episode. But I did make the midnight run to the drug store for Tums.

The plotlines in my story are coming together right now. All the main characters have met and now they're going to get their marching orders for the rest of the book. I hope I'm taking this in the right direction.

No comments: