Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count: 450 today 21.3k total (out of a likely 60-80k)

Inspirations: Emily Bronte, Kate Rusby, Stephen King.

The good:
We focused mainly on playing. Each day whittled away the amount of time that we still had together; but instead of this making us gloomy and sullen it inspired us to a frenzy of play. The stairs became hills of battle that witnessed fierce charges and desperate last stands; the beds transformed into pirate ships and the carpet a raging sea. She was an immortal Elf, a warrior queen, a nurse on the field of battle. I became Aragorn the DĂșnadan finding the paths of the dead, Sir Galahad seeking The Grail, Kay Everling dueling with Maleficus on the Jericho plains.

***********************************************

Moving right along. I decided to change my writing time from late at night to my lunch break. I'm hoping that I'll be more productive at midday than midnight.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments: