Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count:
250 today 19.4k total (out of a likely 60-80k)

Inspirations:
Kate Rusby, Stephen King.

The good:
Kay Everling cut off the head of Maleficus with Acheron. He stood victories in final battle at Devils Water with Acheron raised high. But the thing about Acheron that intrigued me the most was that it was missing. After Kay entered New Camelot no one ever saw it again and he wouldn’t speak of it. My sister, Amy says that he probably just lost it and was too embarrassed to tell anybody. Amy’s always saying dumb stuff just to set me off. But even she knows, deep down, that the sword was special. Just like everything else in those days, it was magic. Kay didn’t loose the sword. He hid it away for another battle.
***********************************************

I'm liking the new POV. Hopefully it won't take me so long to figure out this character.

As evidenced by the excerpt above, I'm filling out the backstory. It's a stretch for me. World-building has never been my cup of tea. I don't like making up funky names or creating elvish races or figuring out magical systems. My worlds always tend to be distorted versions of Earth. I'm okay with that.

No comments: