Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count: 350 tonight, 8.4k total (out of a likely 40-50k)

Inspirations: Fireflight. Not much else.

The good:
“Foxes are sly animals,” Hattie said. “They have slippery minds that always go back and forth.”

Bad writing skill that needs to go away: I was looking forward to writing this chapter but so far it feels disconnected from the preceding chapter. It needs a lot of fleshing out. I hope I can get this one right. I think it's important.

***********************************************
I've been getting up super early and that means I've been going into my writing time super tired. I feel like I can hardly keep my eyes open. Not the best state to try and eek out some prose. I just got to plow ahead though. I can fix this junk later.

On another note, I posted an updated first chapter to the Online Writers Workshop. One positive review so far with some good feedback. That's always encouraging.

No comments: