Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Monday, October 16, 2006

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Word Count: 4k total (out of a likely 40-50k)

Inspirations:
Spartian Fedelity, That Hideous Strength, Romeo & Juliet.

The good:
No more fat old men with droopy eyes and dull low voices trying to “make us respectable” and quoting Bible verses at us.

The bad:
“Of course, we have to follow through if he does not appear but if it comes to that we're finished anyway.”

Bad writing skill that needs to go away: "I turned and saw", "I saw", "I looked and saw". Why do need to I point it out every time my POV character sees somthing?

Things to think up before next writing time: What exactly happens when Fin tries to save Hattie. What's the real motivation for "The Quest"? Where and how do Jack and Johnny Cyclops come into the picture?

***********************************************

I read the first two chapters last night and I really liked them. They felt good enough to show to someone but I don't think I will yet.

No comments: