Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Now THAT'S a cover

I've been reading Jeffery Overstreet's blog for years. He's a film critic for Christianity Today and always has interesting posts.

Anyway, he reveled about (two?) years ago that he had landed a deal to publish his fantasy novel, Auralia's Colors. Just last week he proudly revealed the cover. I'd say he has full rights to beam over this gem.



I hope that if I'm ever blessed enough to have one of my stories published it looks as good as this. I will be very happy. Congratulations, Jeffery.

Can you imagine the opposite? What if you slaved for years, pouring your heart into a story. You finally manage to get it published and the publisher decideds to go with a cover like:



or *hold back bile*



I shudder to think...

No comments: