Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count: 450 today 22.1k total (out of a likely 60-80k)

Inspirations: Emily Bronte, Kate Rusby, Stephen King.

The good:
We didn’t associate with other kids much. They had different sorts of games then we did. I only had look at Amy and know that she was about to run and I was supposed to race her and she always knew when to stop before I got too tired. Besides the other kids were usually crude – always joking about their parts - and I’d end up warning them to keep a wholesome tongue, which led to them asking me what I was going to do if they didn’t, which then led to Amy bloodying their noses and making them cry. So it was best that we kept to ourselves.
***********************************************

Still doing character development. This is a character that I'm having a great time exploring. He's about 11 years old. That's an important age, when a guy is just getting wise to all the stuff that will occupy his thoughts for the next sixty years. I hope I can pull this character off. I'm more confident about him than anyone else though.

No comments: