Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Monday, February 19, 2007

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count:
630 today 22.8k total (out of a likely 60-80k)

Inspirations:
Emily Bronte, Kate Rusby, Stephen King.

The good:
It interested me that hundreds of years ago Arthur and Katie had sat on this very rock and etched their names in the stone and moss. I ran my hand over the letters, imagining that Arthur had once done the same thing. Had he looked anything like me? Then I thought that one day, when I was dead, another boy and girl would sit on this rock and never guess that Amy and Jack had been here too. Suddenly I wanted hold Amy’s hand.
***********************************************

Today I was on. I had to write a sad farewell scene and I was hoping that I could pull it off. I did. Some days writing is painful, other days it's like connecting with a pitch in the bat's sweet spot and watching the baseball soar away. Today I hit a home run.

Tomorrow I'll be back to grounding out. :-)

No comments: