Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Monday, January 29, 2007

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count: 530 today 18.664k total (out of a likely 60-80k)

Inspirations: Kate Rusby, Stephen King.

The good:
Lilith took a seat next to me. I leaned against her shoulder. My eyes closed but still I listened to Fin’s songs. He knew so many and he never faltered in his singing. It annoyed me that he hadn’t sung for us before. Then I fell asleep.


***********************************************

I had intended to make this tunnel full of ghosts and zombies but so far nothing supernatural has arisen. Instead a character got claustrophobic and had a panic attack. It's weird how you can intend to take a plot in one direction and it just goes another.

If there's one thing that I've learned in my short writing ventures it's to not force things. If something isn't fitting don't squeeze and force it until it fits. Instead go where the story's leading itself. It always seems to work better.

No comments: