Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count: 700 today 15.6k total (out of a likely 60-80k)

Inspirations: Steven King, Rosie Thomas, Anberlin, Sufjan Stevens

The good:
The mine wanted to swallow me. It would to lick me into its gullet and pull me down the rusting tracks to be crushed and digested by stones and dirt. And it reeled me forward as if it had a hook in my neck.

Bad writing skill that needs to go away: Nothing new to report here.
***********************************************

The haunted mine continues to bear fruit. A lot of character focusing happened in there for me. Suddenly I understand the witch and Fin a lot better. I still need to focus a tighter bead on Penelope (I changed her name from Hattie) but I'm feeling much better about everything.

Next up: Tunnel Zombies! (I'm serious.)

No comments: