Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count:
650 today, 7.2k total (out of a likely 40-50k

Inspirations:
Jeremy Enigk, Anberlin

The good:

“H-Hi...” I finally managed, finishing with a nervous laugh that made me sound eight years old. Gods, what a jest I was.

Then – worse and worse – she took my hand. Her skin was amazingly soft. If I had been much younger I would've taken her fingers and rubbed them along my cheek. Then I realized with a start that she had been talking. How much had I missed?

Bad writing skill that needs to go away: Things feel like they're moving too fast right now. Developments are popping out left and right. Also I don't have a clear enough idea in my head of what the princess looks like.

***********************************************
Into chapter 4 here. Fin really meets The Princess in this one. It has to work. Their relationship is the driving force of the plot.

No comments: