Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count:
500 today, 10.7k total (out of a likely 40-50k)

Inspirations:
Jeremy Enigk, Copeland, Tolkien

The good:
As we spoke I felt a mysterious sense of relief and soon Lilith didn’t have to prod me for details and memories spilled out of me. Things I hadn’t thought of since Dark Friday found their way to my tongue. She laughed with me when I told of the how one winter I had carefully laid a snow trap to catch my brothers only to fall in it myself. I recalled how disastrous my first riding lesson had been and my father swearing that I added a gray hair to his beard each time I mounted a horse.


Bad writing skill that needs to go away:
This chapter is lacking any sense of urgency so far. I've got to get people running instead of sitting around talking. I need some Black Riders to chase my Hobbits.

***********************************************

Looking for some good writing music? Try Copeland.

Otherwise, it's been a slow weekend. The kids have decided to not take their naps and inspiration is hard to come by. Here's hoping for a better next-week.

No comments: