Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Friday, December 08, 2006

Novel Stats

Metrics for HAPPY, THE END

Daily Word Count:
570 today, 10.2k total (out of a likely 40-50k)

Inspirations:
Jeremy Enigk, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Tolkien

The good:
“If only...” Lilith said softly then shook her head. "The woods are not safe anymore. We must travel with more care." In the moonlight I could see her eying me and Fin. "This quest is already waking things that have slept for many years..."


Bad writing skill that needs to go away: I need to keep the plot focused, which is hard to do if you don't do any significant plotting beforehand. I don't want to bring in too many elements that I'll have to ditch later.

***********************************************

Still loving The Fellowship of the Ring. Still loving writing.

No comments: