Notices: Argument. Plot outline. What's in a name?

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I have been writing lately...

...just not keeping track of my progress. *Hangs head in shame* I've just been so busy. Today's update has more general notes:

1) In this rewrite Penelope suddenly became spoiled. Not to a Veruca Salt level but she's wallowing in self-pity and thinks Fin smells bad. I'm glad this trait developed. It'll be a nice character arc for her.

2) After killing off the entire population of one city, I decided to do serious harm to another. My poor characters.

3) It's strange reading how I originally intended my characters to interact. They've all done a complete about face.

I went on a book shopping-spree yesterday. I got some pretty slick books that I can't wait to read. I got:



Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
I think I'll finish this in about twenty years. This book is thicker than my waist.


Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy
Looked fun.


The Waste Land and other poems by T.S. Elliot
T.S. Elliot is amazing. The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock is one of my favorite poems ever. I think I've shared it here. Choruses from The Rock is also remarkably insightful into modern society.


Krazy & Ignatz by George Herriman
Comics can't get any more whimsical than Krazy Kat. The art is beautiful too.

2 comments:

wrdup said...

Hey I went on a book spree too. Keep writing while I'm writing.

Levi Nunnink said...

Thanks for stopping by wrd-muser. You're on the link list. :-)